- Map reading with minimum light exposure
- White light preserves map legend colours
- Solid lens prevents ingress of moisture and condensation
- Betalight luminance maintains night vision
- Images are magniﬁed X 1.5
- Options for clear or calibration in degrees, mill radians
- Range of NATO Stock Numbers
- No batteries, bulbs or maintenance required
- Lightweight and compact
- Absolute reliability in all environmental conditions
White light is selected as standard and is highly recommended to
preserve coloured legend. (Green light prevents differentiations of
coloured legend). Map Readers are available with either two or four Betalights,
each 600 µL brightness, depending on customer preference. Both versions enable
maps to be read with clarity in twilight and darkness.
Positioning of the lamps at the base of the unit increases security. The solid lens
is a key feature in preventing ingress of moisture and accumulation of condensation
over time in adverse environmental conditions. Light output is not affected
by temperature, humidity, altitude or operational plane.
Map reading applications, particularly in adverse climatic
conditions and where security in forward areas is vital.
Tactical map reading – the light stays inside the reader
Length : 85 mm
Width : 65 mm
Depth : 55 mm
Weight : 200 g
The solid lens and scale panel are ﬁxed and sealed securely
within a tough polycarbonate inner housing. A black rubber
outer sleeve provides additional robust protection.