Self-Luminous Aiming Post Lamps enable establishment
and maintenance of covert infantry and artillery weapons
alignment in darkness.
- Absolute reliability in all environmental conditions
- Differentiation enabled by colour and mask options
- Secure viewing angle of just 7.5° (133 mrads)
- No batteries, bulbs or maintenance required
- Lightweight, fight light, compact and easy to deploy
- Extensive operational life
- NATO Stock Number:
Standard green and amber Aiming Post Lamps produce
330 µL and 160 µL respectively enabling visibility with
the naked eye at up to 200 m in starlight conditions when
viewed directly through the lens. The lens limits the angle
of viewing to 7.5° to ensure security. Lamp output is not
affected by temperature, humidity or altitude.
The Lamp assembly can be supplied with a choice of robust,
adjustable clamps to facilitate easy ﬁxing to either round or
square section supports from 13 mm to 38 mm
- Mortar alignment: using alternate green and orange
Lamps, a series of mortars can be aligned by sitting a
Lamp in front of each weapon on a reference bearing.
Used with a Dial Sight, mortar alignment can be
- Field artillery alignment: a pair of Lamps, together with
a Dial sight is used to set up ﬁled artillery in darkness.
The Lamps are placed in line at measured distances
from the weapon, enabling accurate maintenance of
- Gun aiming point for AFVs, readily established in
daylight, with colours enabling differentiation between
troops and weapons.
Lamps are encased in polyamide (DIN 7228) black, the lens
is acrylic. Clamps are constructed in mild steel and ﬁnished
in military green.
To enable lamp differentiation and speculations, aluminium
masks are available for clip ﬁtting, directly onto the Lamp.
Masks incorporate cut out legend in either ‘+’ or ‘-’ shapes
and are ﬁnished matt black. Special legends can be
produced to customer requirements.
Width (incl. clamp):
Overall lenght (incl. mask):
Clamp weight (round):
Clamp weight (square):